- Class Referenced Webpages:
- Interactive Simulations:
- AP Bio General Course Specific Webpages:
- Biology Media Sources:
Class Referenced Webpages:
- HHMI BioInteractive– Home of so many high-quality lectures and resources about all sorts of current biology.
- TED– Always something interesting to watch!
- The encyclopedia of life– endeavors to contain an individual page for every organism described by biology
- GenBank– The NIH database of all publicly available genetic data. Massive (and somewhat slow as a result). Home of BLAST.
- UniProt– A cultivated database of protein sequence data.
- Next Generation Biology Workbench– An online suite of phylogenetic analysis tools. Full-featured and research quality.
- Phylogeny.fr– A more “one-click” approach to phylogenetic analysis. Paste the sequences and click a button. A tree will come out the other side.
- myfootprint.org– to calculate your ecological footprint
The University of Utah has a great website with tons of cool interactive things you can play around with.
- Mouse Party– Used during Physiology Unit
John Kyrk’s Interactives
John Kyrk makes some really awesome interactive Flash animations. We will reference them throughout the year.
Various Java applets that you can use to investigate various biological phenomena.
AP Bio General Course Specific Webpages:
Online Textbook Resources:
- OpenStax Biology– My preferred free textbook.
- Kimball’s Biology Pages– An online textbook used in a community college
- The On-line Biology Book– Another online textbook.
- The MIT OpenCourseware Biology Section– MIT Biology Courses…Free!
Other Teacher’s Websites:
- The Biology Space– Course Website of Ms. Lee Ferguson.
- Explore Biology– The website of the inimitable Ms. Kim Foglia. Source of many of my materials.
- Mr. Gallant’s Biology Stuff– Mr. Gallant runs a pretty cool little website.
- The Collegeboard AP Biology Website– Is it possible that the College Board’s AP Biology Website just might help you, AP Biology student?
AP Exam Preparation Sites:
- Get A Five AP Biology– Not only full of videos, but also full of practice questions
- Old AP Biology Essay Questions– Old AP Biology Essay Questions (I have to get your exam questions from somewhere.